Re: Firefox/Iceweasel 3: agony of the snail

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2008 Jul 20 14:20 -0500]:

> On 07/20/08 13:01, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >

> >> Most of you will yawn, and think, "there he goes again", but this
> >> why I don't like display managers.
> >
> > Can you elaborate? With a display manager one cannot kill X to make new
> > changes, like the aforementioned libraries, to take effect?
>
> According to Carl's experience, no.  Maybe he did something wrong?

I go into a root console and issue:

# /etc/init.d/kdm stop
# /etc/init.d/kdm start; exit

whenever X libraries, drivers, etc. are updated.  Ctl-e from KDM does
not do a complete kill and restart as near as I can tell.

- Nate >>