Re: Automating the configuration of alsa on known HW

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 20:12, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> When running alsaconf as root, it adds your soundcard(s)
> to /etc/modprobe.d/sound and /etc/modprobe.conf

alsaconf doesn't create the
 /etc/modprobe.conf
in this machine.

Copying the
 /etc/modprobe.d/sound
doesn't seem to make audio work. The alsaconf script must be doing additional
changes to things. What are those changes?

HW here is VirtualBox, with it's intel AC'97 card.

If there was a way to run alsaconf non-interactively, I would consider. I've
heard of a command called 'expect'...

Knowing the exact files that alsaconf changes would be best.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/