Re: Seg fault

On Sunday 20 July 2008 04:19:09 pm Frank wrote:
> Frank wrote:
> > After the latest upgrades to Sid. I am getting a segmentation fault
> > running (or trying to run) my mail reader Sylpheed.
> >
> > Where to start looking ??
>
>    I have since discovered I can run Sylpheed as root.
>
> Cheers
>

> Frank

Frank,

I can't tell if you still have the issue or not, but if you do, open a term
and type "sylpheed" or "claws-mail" if you are running claws.  What does that
exit message say?

if it only shows "segmentation fault", then issue strace sylpheed then look
through the last part of strace to see what is killing slypheed.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com