Re: Sound doesn't work on my system (lenny)

Anton Liaukevich wrote:
Sound doesn't work on my system. Neither system sounds in KDE, nor music123, nor vlc utter sound.

My hardware:
    Sound is integrated (AC'97)
    motherboard: Epox 8RDA3I rev 3.3
        northbridge: nForce 2 Ultra
        southbridge: MCP
        AC'97 codec: from Realtek

My software:
    Debian lenny
    kernel: linux 2.6.24-1-686

Hello, Ron Johnson & Nigel Henry & Andrei Popescu & Star Liu. Thank you very much for sound that has begun to work yet.

I have include myself to 'audio' group, install 'alsa-utils' package (with dependencies and recommends) (while configuring them in Debconf, I select ALSA system). Then I ran 'alsamixer' where unmute sound. After it sound began to work.

P.S. I decided not to configure ALSA with 'alsaconf' because I have not very old kernel. Please, correct me if I have done something bad.