Re: Webcam setup

On 16/07/08 22:38, Frank McCormick wrote:
[]

  Shortly after I sent this I figured it out - the needed module gspca for
my particular web-cam (a Microsoft VX-3000) is in the repositories. When it
was installed, all the problems vanished. The video quality is kind of
crappy ( it is a Microsoft camera after all) but it does work.
Thanks

- -- Frank -- debian@videotron.ca

The camera is not bad itself - it works quite well in MS Windows (I have that webcam and tested both on MS Win and Linux). But then there are proprietary MS drivers and it won't work that smooth on Linux. Logitech webcams are much better with Linux and the price will be similar (I tested Sphere-AF recently, it's absolutely fantastic!).

--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann