Re: Slow video[SOLVED]

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 21:08:43 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> John Hasler wrote:
>> Brian writes:
>>> I would argue that this is a problem with Firefox, not whatever video
>>> driver you're using. I've noticed that fixed background images really
>>> cause Firefox to choke, especially with smooth scrolling enabled
>>
>> That would explain why it works fine for me.  I use smooth scrolling but I
>> suppress such images.
>
> May I ask how you achieve that in Firefox?

You can use a userContent style sheet to do that. Add this line

* { background-image: none ! important; }

to the file

~/.mozilla/firefox/XXXXXXXX.default/chrome/userContent.css

If you never used a user style sheet before then this file will probably
not exist on your system; you can create it as a one-liner in that case.
(The name of the default profile directory contains a random string as a
security measure; "XXXXXXXX" above is meant as a placeholder for that
string.)

More userContent.css and userChrome.css tricks can be found here:

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html

          Florian   |