Re: Bash: pipe once more

Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> I want to change the working directory and if there is an error (e.g. the directory doesn't exist) I want that to be logged to a file and printed on stdout. With the above command that doesn't work since the working directory is the same as before execution of the command.

if [ \! -d some_path ] ; then
  echo There was an error
  echo There was an error >> log.txt
  # There must be an intelligent way to combine the above two lines, but
I'm not in the mood to discover it right now.
  exit 1;

cd some_path

Warning: The above may contain bashisms.

"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".