Re: i386 or amd64?

On Sunday 13 July 2008 12:41:56 pm s. keeling wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> >  On 07/13/08 10:29, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> >  [snip]
> >
> > > Note:  I do not understand the reluctance of not using a 64bit OS at
> > > this time.  I do hear that java/flash are not yet fully working on
> > > 64bit, but I don't ever see any issues with it.  I do not code, perhaps
> > > this is where
> >
> >  swfdec-mozilla works on "all" Flash videos?
>
> I find it locks up iceweasel more often than not, but this is etch here.

you're, like, so behind!  Seriously, it *used* to do that here.  Now
sometimes, I have to close all my FF to look at a site because a prior
viewing of another flash video has somehow "locked" up the flash player, but
the browser works just fine.  The indication is you don't see the video or
any controls, just a blank space.  Aside from that, I see no issues so far.
YMMV, I guess it deps on what *bad* site you go to and what *bad* standards
they are not adhering to.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com