how to force installation of debian package

Hi,

I am using sidux os (sid debian). I have compiled maxima from source with sbcl
since this works and the debian maxima package compiled with gcl doesn't
work.
Now I want to install the debian package wxmaxima that needs maxima to work
properly. But I can not install this package since it proposes to install
also the faulty debian maxima package.

Is there any posibility to install the wxmaxima package without installing the
faulty maxima package?

Thanks for any help
Jan