RE: Problem switching to static IP address

Thomas,
I use a VERY basic script to set a static IP address on my
LiveCD's...here is the script I use:

#!/bin/sh
# Get Static IP Information

printf "What IP Address do you want to assign to this computer?  "
read IPADDR
printf "What Subnetmask do you want to assign to this computer?  "
read SUBNET
printf "What Gateway do you want to assign to this computer?  "
read GATEWAY

# Shutdown networking and create a new INTERFACES file
ifdown eth0
/etc/init.d/networking stop
rm -f /etc/network/interfaces

cat <<INTERFACES > /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static