Re: Building an i386 kernel on amd64 host with make-kpkg

Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> writes:

>I am trying to build a kernel for my i386 box on my amd64 host. I want
>to do this because the amd64 box build at least 10 times faster than the
>target box.

>I am using make-kpkg to build the kernel package. I am having the
>following problem:
>$ make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --arch i386 kernel_image

Following up with a solution to my own problem:

$ make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --cross-compile - --arch i386 kernel_image

I just needed to add that "--cross-compile -" argument and it worked.

Information came from: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAMD64Faq (last
question)