Re: P2P clients for debian etch

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
joseph lockhart wrote:

just wondering which P2P clients are best, seems to be slim pickings in
the base debian repository so I figure that I am missing a repository or
will have to go the long way to find a good client (however, I do not want
to have to find and install a lot of dependencies that are also not in the
repository, which is the case with limewire's linux build)

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
this user is penguin powered
Hi Joseph,
There are a lot of bittorrent clients. BitTornado is my favourite. There's
also Amule which I use. Lime Wire has a linux (Debian) client. There are
loads of others. You just have to look for them.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi,

I like transmission, which has all kinds of features I don't use but stay out of my way. I used to use deluge, but read about excessive fragmentation under ext3 on the deluge forums that never got resolved to my satisfaction.

Best,
AA