Re: sudo password visible through ssh command line

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:04:31PM +0200, Javier Barroso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In sid with key passwordless auth :
>
> ssh user@server "sudo ls"
> password: password
>
> And password is shown you
>
> Any tip to avoid this ?
>
> Where should be reported this bug if it could be consider as such (note I
> don't know if there are more programs with this problem)?

other have answered was to get around this.  How about ssh straight to
root@ the box (turn sshd to allow root login by sign only and set a
script to allow only certain commands to be run. have a look at
authorized file)

--
"I don't have to accept their tenants. I was trying to convince those college students to accept my tenants. And I reject any labeling me because I happened to go to the university."

	- George W. Bush
02/23/2000
Today