problem installing debian-40r3-i386-netinst.iso

I installed Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 "Etch" – Official i386 NETINST
Binary-1 20080218-14:15 on my old Dell Dimension 4100, and it went off
without a hitch.

Using the same disk, I tried to install it on my old Gateway Solo 1100
laptop (which has a Celeron processor,  64MB of RAM and a 5GB HD).

It seemed to be going fine (in "low memory mode") but during "Load
Installer Components from CD" the installation stalled trying to
retrieve zliblg-udeb. I was not able to get passed this point.

There's nothing wrong with the disk, since it was fine for the first
installation. Is 64 MB just not enough memory?

I would be grateful for any thoughts any of you might have about this.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vwaju
New York City