More than one xserver?

Hi,

What's the right way to run more than one X server?

There don't seem to be any hooks in the /etc/init.d/*dm
scripts.  (I thought maybe there'd be something in
/etc/default/, at least for gdm which IIRC has some
hooks for different configuration settings for different
DISPLAYs.)

I'm running etch, but if there's other work in Lenny/Sid
would like to know where Debian is going with this.

I could whack together something in inittab using startx
but would rather do things "the right way".  If this is not
the place to ask where can I get an answer?

I want at least one X server to serve a client desktop
on the other side of the LAN, so that may mean executing
the Xserver directly and using the
-query argument.  I've not made up my mind but
am leaning away from an xdmcp chooser on that display
because it's just another hassle to pass through at login.

Another Xserver will run nothing but xsane as a client
and act as a stand-alone copy machine.  That one I'll
probably auto-login with gdm, or maybe not.

Thanks.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein