Re: SOLVED (mostly): How to Boot a Dell Optiplex 320?

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Kent West
>>> So I tried going the route of doing a network install via
>>> http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com, but it installs grub and doesn't give me
>>> any option to feed the "pci=nomsi" parameter (or any other similar
>>> parameters); I've been unable to find a way to force this grub install to
>>> let me add boot arguments.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any suggestions?

Kent - Apologies if I've misunderstood because I've come into this
conversation too late, but are you saying that you can get the grub
installation to work successfully, but that when you reboot the
machine afterwards and try to use grub to boot the computer, it fails
because of missing parameters in /boot/grub/menu.list?

Jaime