Re: Firefox 3?

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2008 Jul 03 12:41 -0500]:

> On 07/03/08 10:11, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> >> Is there a version of Firefox 3--or, i guess, Iceweasel 3--in package form
> >> yet, or is it still in some kind of testing form where you have to compile
> >> it yourself?
> >
> > I'm using it in unstable. So far the only annoying thing i've noticed
> > is that some pages screw up the background and mess the display, they
> > become unreadable. For those i use Opera.
>
> Really?  So far all has worked well for me.  Or the errors have been
> too subtle for me to notice...

I've seen it on my desktop with an ATI video card.  There are
apparently some bugs filed related to this.

> To you have any example links?

I saw it on http://www.kawasaki.com and a few other sites I can't
remember.  I found that scrolling the page would repaint the background
and "correct" the issue.  On another page or two I viewed the page in
Konqueror.

- Nate >>