Re: Help with VLC - no longer plays video files

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 01:56:50PM +0100, andy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I cannot seem to get VLC to display the video when I am playing it.
> Instead, it only seems to play it as an audio file. The progress bar
> moves, but there is no video display. The settings seem to be fine, at
> least to my untutored eye. This is the same regardless of the format I
> am playing *.flv, *.mpg, *.avi, *.wmv etc.

I'll bet you're using files from debian-multimedia.org.  Their libraries are
no longer compatible with the VLC distributed with Debian.  See the newsbox
at that site for more information.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!