Re: Help with VLC - no longer plays video files

El sáb, 28-06-2008 a las 13:56 +0100, andy escribió:
> Hi
>
> I cannot seem to get VLC to display the video when I am playing it.
> Instead, it only seems to play it as an audio file. The progress bar
> moves, but there is no video display. The settings seem to be fine, at
> least to my untutored eye. This is the same regardless of the format I
> am playing *.flv, *.mpg, *.avi, *.wmv etc.
>
> Any ideas what has happened here?

This seems to be a problem between the official and debian-multimedia
packages. Try reinstalling all vlc dependencies from the official
repository and clearing the plugin cache with 'vlc
--reset-plugins-cache.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."