emacs: renaming files in a programming project

Hello,

I have a directory with a whole bunch of source files (C++ files, *.cpp and *.hpp). I am at a position where I need to rename a subset of those source files (their functionality has changed over the time and hence the need for new intuitive names).

Now, I am going to do this the basic way. Rename the source code files, grep all source code files and change their occurrences everywhere. Before I do this, I am wondering if there is an automated way to do this from within emacs. Any idea? If it helps, I am using ctags.

Rregards,
->HS