Re: slow network [solved]

On 6/26/08, Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:
<snip>
>  So let's start with a wild guess.  Run the following command as
>  root:
>
>    echo 'blacklist ipv6' >/etc/modprobe.d/no-ipv6

Thanks, that made a significant difference. :)

I just realized my wireless router has a bunch of ethernet ports on
the back, if I have more problems, I might start by plugging the
computers directly into that.

Anyhoo, thanks.

--
Vikki Roemer

Registered Linux user #280021

"Sometimes the lights all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been."
            -- Grateful Dead, "Truckin'"