Increase of un-usable PDF usage.

Over the past few mouths I've received more unusable PDFs then I've
ever received usable PDFs.  Well maybe that's an exaggeration, but it
still doesn't excuse the large number of broken documents in this format
I've received.

I have asked senders to choose a better format, but they keep coming.
Many sites that have PDFs as part of there content do not seam to be
having this problem it's when I get PDFs send via email that there are
issues.  I just got an email from NetApp with a PDF I can't read, so
the problem is starting to manifest itself in the form of missed
important communications.

Mostly I'd just like a forum to complain, but if some one has a
suggestion I'm willing to hear them out.

As this issue does effect Debian the issue is not specific to Debian.
There are several Debian packages that will help, but they are not
available every where and keeping these packages updated would be hard.

Perhaps I could use gs or something on a webserver, then at least I'd
only have to worried about keeping a single copy working.  That still
doesn't solve the problem of PDS that simply can't be read by any
usual means.