Re: git-core 1.1.5.6-1 (i386) not making it to sid

On 2008-06-24 22:14 +0200, Alan Chandler wrote:

> There seems to be in situation in which git-core is not updating into
> sid, but gitk and friends have. The net result is I am without gitk at
> the moment (it has removed itself because of broken dependences)

No, it had not removed itself -- _you_ did remove it, probably by
dist-upgrading.  Usually the better solution is to keep the current
version until all relevant packages are built.

> I tried looking at the developers page for the package and from there it
> looks like it should have gone into sid last Thursday.

The problem is that gitk is arch:all, but git-core is arch:any and the
i386 binary has not been uploaded yet.

> Why do I not see it from within aptitude.  Am I misreading this page

No, it is correct, you can find information on [1] and [2].  The i386
binary had been built five days ago, but not been uploaded yet.

Consider contacting the buildd maintainer at i386@buildd.debian.org.

Sven

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/git-core.html
[2] http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=git-core