Re: Re: Debconf problem: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:20:44AM +0100, Jason Williams wrote:
> Have the same problem as Graham did, but I'm still new at this and don't
> really understand how to find and disable running process(s)? Please
> help, trying to get my soundcard working, really doing my head in.

A simple way of finding a running process is to open a terminal and
type:

ps aux | grep name

where 'name' is the name (or partial name) of the process you are looking
for. Use the command 'top' to bring up a list of current processes.

--
Joe Hickey