Re: mount partitions as normal user?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 08:38:39PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I mount a partition, I must use sudo, and when I create the
> directory (the mount point) in /media I must also use sudo.
> I chmod -R 777 the mount point directory before mounting, but... I must
> use root to copy files and delete files from the drive.
> So, how can I mount and have permission to delete, copy and move files
> on my usb drive from my standard user account?

I have these two entries in /etc/fstab for my external drive:

LABEL=mirror	/media/mirror	ext3	defaults,noatime,user,data=journal	0
LABEL=Elements	/media/xbig	vfat	uid=amp,noatime,user,fmask=133	0

My user is member of 'plugdev' group and I use

pmount LABEL=mirror
pumount mirror

(~/mirror is a symlink to /media/mirror)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)