Re: configuration of a linux router

Andrew & others,

At Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:42:41 -0700 A.S-W. wrote,
"that does not mean that a rule for POP3 is not needed. I don't
remember if shorewall is case sensitive, but I bet it is in the
context of defining a rule. maybe post the actual config line to
produces the error?"

My /etc/shorewall/rules, with the offending rules for POP3
commented out, is now visible.
http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/rules

The report from shorewall.
http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/ShorewallReport

Equally peculiar: while the rule for SMTP is commented
out, a message can be sent from loc _via_ SMTP.

Thanks for any help,         ... Peter E.

--
http://carnot.yi.org/
  = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/