Re: mount partitions as normal user?

Daniel Dalton wrote:
Hi,

When I mount a partition, I must use sudo, and when I create the
directory (the mount point) in /media I must also use sudo.
I chmod -R 777 the mount point directory before mounting, but... I must
use root to copy files and delete files from the drive.
So, how can I mount and have permission to delete, copy and move files
on my usb drive from my standard user account?

Thanks,

GNOME users get this for free. Text users can login as root long enough to edit fstab to allow this. Add mount option 'user' to the list of mount options.

Mark Allums