Re: mixing unstable with testing just for nvidia: good practices?

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 13:02 -0400, H.S. wrote:

> Is this good enough for an "aptitude update" and "aptitude safe-upgrade"
> such that only those package will be pulled from Unstable which are
> necessary for nvidia related packages? Or should I now just remove the
> unstable sources' repos from my sources.list file?

I really don't think it's a good idea to mix testing and unstable, ever.
Significant differences in libraries between unstable and testing
usually means that unstable is backwards compatable to testing packages,
but not vice versa.  And once you start pulling a lot of libraries from
unstable, especially libc, you might as well be running unstable to
begin with.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca