Re: killall firefox-bin

Ron Johnson wrote:
> You don't tell us which Debian branch and version of IW you are
> using.

I am using Sid, but I still use the "testing" version of IW
(2.0.0.14). The Sid version is at the moment a little bit *too*
"unstable" (for systems with an ATI video card: see bug 485917).
So my experience with the unexplained "freezing" of IW is with
2.0.0.14 (and possibly some of its recent predecessors).

The "weird things with the X display" I mentioned occur when I try
to move the window with the "dead" (or possibly only hibernating)
Iceweasel in it. It leaves pieces of itself, and of overlying
windows, all over the place. The most annoying thing is that I
cannot determine what triggers this, apart from that it happens
after IW has been in use "for a while".

Just writing this down gives me an idea: maybe it is a memory leak
thing. Next time it happens I'll check "free". Hadn't thought of
doing that so far..

Regards, Jan