Re: where is xmms?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 06/19/08 21:20, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/19/08 21:02, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ivan Glushkov wrote:
Hi all,
I have a sid x64 installed. I am wandering why there is no possibility
to install xmms?

lili2:/usr/src# apt-cache search xmms
<snip>

I have sid i386 and xmms still shows up:

wmxmms2 - remote-control dockapp for XMMS2
xmms2 - Client/server based media player system
xmms - Versatile X audio player

Specifically wmxmms is handy with fvwm, which audacious doesn't have: it
shows up as a docked application and clicking it will start it.
It would be interesting to see what the results of this command are
on your computer:

$ apt-cache policy xmms
xmms:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:

hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy xmms
xmms:
  Installed: 1:1.2.10+20070601-1+b1
  Candidate: 1:1.2.10+20070601-1+b1
  Version table:
 *** 1:1.2.10+20070601-1+b1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Which indicates that it's not in Sid anymore...  Copy those .deb
files to a safe place before doing an "apt-get clean"!!!

No need: I do dpkg-repack and reprepro so I have it in the mirror.
But I am switching to audacious, although that has no windowmaker app to control it like wmxmms.

Hugo