Re: Evolution, a Maildir style mailbox, and folders
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Kevin Mark <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Evolution, a Maildir style mailbox, and folders
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:47:48 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20080618074748.GA14226@topoi.pooq.com>
- In-reply-to: <20060928131332.GA10776@localhost>
- References: <1159319317.1026.6.camel@localhost> <4519FD1A.email@example.com> <1159368937.1026.21.camel@localhost> <451A987F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1159371872.1026.26.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <1159383918.24285.0.camel@localhost> <451ADA61.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1159389271.24673.5.camel@localhost> <20060928131332.GA10776@localhost>
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:13:32AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 03:34:31PM -0500, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 15:09 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > On 09/27/06 14:05, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > > > I think I've figured out how to get Evolution to work
> > > > without using imap.
> > >
> > > Using IMAP is definitely useful, though, since it breaks the link
> > > between data and presentation.
> > This is what I'm aiming for, but I don't really understand why IMAP
> > needs to be in there. I'd like to use Evolution as a local GUI and mutt
> > remotely, on the same maildir. I shouldn't really need to have
> > something else between the MUA and maildir.
> Hi Owen,
> if you used ssfs to mount a remote dir as say /home/user/$EVODIR,
I haven't heard of ssfs, and google wasn' very helpful. it is something
> could you use this for evo and then use mutt to read that same
> $EVODIR remoteley with IMAP?