Re: Problem switching to static IP address

Hi Thomas,

Can't you just use "/etc/init.d/networking restart" ?

Marcos

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
I have built a very nice Debian Live CD but with two problems.

One, I can't switch to the static IP addressed used by my lan.  I included a copy of my interfaces file in chroot_local-includes.  When I boot from the CD I can substitute this file in /etc/network but I can't find a way to shutdown the network and restart it with the substituted file.  I must have failed to include some package as there is no network entry in the Debian/Applications drop down list.

(Bringing along my special config files does work very nicely in other cases.  Specifically, I have an xorg.conf file which allows me to use a Wacom tablet.  After booting from the cd I substitute a copy of this file and restart gdm and the Wacom tablet works perfectly.)

My second problem must also be an omitted package as only root has a terminal window.

The CD is 575 MB.  I hope a couple small packages might correct these problems without taking more than the remaining space.

Tom