Re: Recover lost (deleted) data in Debian

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 17:12 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon June 16 2008, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Faubackup is intended to run as a cron.daily script:  Make
> > sure /etc/faubackup.conf is sane before that runs next, as it does NOT
> > make sure that there's a filesystem mounted at that mountpoint before
> > continuting.  If you don't either disable faubackup's cronjob or ensure
> > your backup filesystem is going to be there when faubackup runs, it'll
> > run nightly.
>
> thanks for the heads-up. Since mt backup external drive is NOT always plugged
> in, I will disable that cron job.

I strongly suggest either plugging it in and using the cron job, or
change the cron job to check for the mounted filesystem.  The
"always-plugged-in" option is a bit cleaner and easier:  No human
intervention required for daily incremental backup.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca