Re: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Star Liu <starliu@live.com> wrote:

> I'm happy to know the gnome-blog and gtalk, but it seems by default gtalk
> doesn't with in lenny, after i installed, i found nothing in my internet menu,
> and the bash doesn't know "gtalk".

Are you trying to use the gtalk client? The downloadable client (as opposed to
the gmail-integrated web client) is windows only. However, you can use any
other Jabber client to connect to the gtalk server. I recommend Psi.
Instructions for using Psi with gtalk are here:

http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24074

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers