Re: Linux doesn't like DVD+R disks?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 21:11:15 -0500, Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net) wrote:

> I'm trying to burn an ISO to a dual-layer DVD+R disk, but these
> programs instantly error out.  growisofs successfully burns the
> disk, but mplayer and vlc can't read them.
>
> Single-layer DVD-R disks work perfectly.
>
> Am I missing something simple?

I know it is of no direct help to you, but I have successfully burned
several DVD+R DL disks using K3b.  It 'just worked' without any fiddling
or anything.  I also successfully use DVD-R single layer and DVD+RW single layer
disks.

The drive is a Pioneer DVR-115D and the disks I have been using are
branded 'Zerodefex'.  The disks are read fine by Kaffeine and Movie
Player as well as a domestic standalone DVD player.

To answer your question, it seems Linux really does like DVD+R disks
after all.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.