ip6tables

Hello,

I have a gateway server running two NIC cards, one for the internet and one for the LAN. I set up normal iptables which I'm happy with, but I installed apache-tomcat on the machine (for use on the LAN, not to serve the internet) and I found it has some sort of requirement for IPv6.

I set up a really primitive ip6tables firewall to allow tomcat to do its stuff (where eth2 is the internet NIC):

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source   destination
    0     0 DROP       0        eth2   *       ::/0     ::/0        state NEW

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source   destination
    0     0 DROP       0        eth2   *       ::/0     ::/0        state NEW

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source   destination

Is this going to be OK or does it allow any crackers to try out something nasty?

Thanks
Adam