Re: Re: Video Adapter intel965

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 09:25 +0400, Сергей Овчар wrote:

> > Hi Sergei,
> > On 05/06/2008, Сергей Овчар <78ovserg@mail.ru> wrote:
> > >  Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)?
> > There shouldn't be any need to configure that. It uses the free
> > (свободный) intel driver, which already comes out of the box in lenny.
> > Are you having problems with that?
> > - Jordi G. H.
>
> Some.
> It has not been recognised automatically. In xorg.conf "configured video device" instead of intel or i810. If i change the string, its not take effect too. Trying dpkg-reconfigure, but it asks me three times less questions, than in sarge. There was no questions about video adapter or monitor. It has finished after keymap configuring. How can I get a bit more questions from dpkg-reconfigure?

You can not.  You don't need to.  You could
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.back and prob startX just fine.

Progress.  It figures it all out for you.  If you change the drive by
editing the file, then THAT driver will be loaded or you will get an X
error message when you try to startx/gdm/kdm.

Try moving xorg.conf out of the way, and then try to startX and see what
you get.

You can also use the xorg config scripts directly:
Xorg -configure (as root)that will drop a working xorg.conf into /root/
which you can further test by xorg --config /root/filename When
everything works for you, move that file into /etc/X11/xorg.conf

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com