Server install questions

We just ordered a new 1U server that will operate in a Colo setup.

The specs are:
Xeon Yorkfield X3350, quad 2.67Ghz, 12M L2, 1333fsb
Supermicro X7SBI socket 775 server board
4-Gig (2x 2G) DDR2-667
2x 750-Gig Seagate ES2 RAID Edition, 7200rpm
on-board Intel ICH9R 4-port SATA-II Controller
on-board Intel dual GB NICs
24-speed slim CD-ROM, no floppy
Supermicro 1U SC813MT-300CB Rackmount Chassis
4x hot-swap SATA bays
supermicro 300-watt power supply
1U Rail Kit

We specified it be installed with Etch 4.0_r3 with software RAID for the two drives.

So the vendor emails back, asking:

1. Do you want i386 or x86_64 Debian?
2. What will be the partitioning scheme?

Damn if I know. I'd appreciate thoughts on whether to use 32/64 bit versions, and are there any established partitioning schemes (I always uesed defaults)

Thanks