Re: ntp not any more supported in Debian or did I miss something?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 10:59:33AM -0500, Stackpole, Chris wrote:

> This morning I kinda fell into a panic when I couldn't find ntpd and
> so I did some Google searching. It seems that people are suggesting a
> move to OpenNTPD. I found this link about it:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNTPD.
>
> I understand the licensing issues and all, but I really really need to
> have the information provided by `ntpq -p`. Time is very important at
> my job. Does anyone know if OpenNTPD can provide this information? I
> guess what I should be asking is: should I make a move to OpenNTPD or
> some other NTP service? Or should I just install the deb files from
> Sid and go on like nothing happened?

OpenBSD has on-line man pages.  Their man pages are the definitive
documentation.  Why not go to www.openbsd.org, click on man pages, run
an apropos of ntp and read all the relavant man pages.  You will
probably find that it will do everything you need.  Then you can install
Debian's port of it.

Doug.