Re: Samba writes wrong file permissions

>> > Take a look at "testparm -sv | grep map".
>>
>> Thanks. I'm  not familiar with "map hidden".  What does it mean?  Here it
>> is:
>
> I don't see the answer there.  Can you post
> your whole smb.conf, and your samba version?

I think we might be on the wrong track here.  I think that the Windows
client changes the file to world read/write/execute for all users and
groups, and this creates these permissions on the file on my debian
machine.

Is there any way that Samba can prevent these permissions from being
created? - I'd like to avoid world-writeable files on my system.

I think that "map hidden" refers to hidden files created on
DOS/Windows machines.
FYI here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = ONCOLOGY
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = tdbsam
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000