Re: no myspell-en-ca in Debain?

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 08:24:17PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 06/02/08 20:18, H.S. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wondering if myspell-en-ca is somewhere in Debian repositories. My
> > Openoffice.org's spell checker is not work if English (Canada) language
> > is chosen. I have narrowed down to the absence of this package.
> > Apt-cache search doesn't give anything. Any insights?
>
> Who needs -en-ca when you've got -en-us?  Canada isn't *that*
> relevant, is it?

I know that you are joking, but if your are trying to type a document
meant for publication in Canada, it would be nice if the spelling was
correct.  I'm not sure if there are any words spelt differently in
Canada than in either the US or UK; normally its one or the other.  Then
again, to choose US or UK often reflects one's roots.  On the other
hand, sometimes UK spelling just looks wired to me, such as oesophagus.
I know, esophagus doesn't look much less wierd.  Then again, I often
spell wierd wiierd.

Doug.