Re: Script for when system was last updated

On 06/02/2008 01:14 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:
[...]
Could someone suggest a script I could put in ~/.kde/autostart that would put up an xmessage saying when the system was last updated, when I boot up Lenny?

Much appreciation to all you scripting gurus out there.

Nigel.

I'm hardly a scripting guru, but this may help you a bit:

#!/bin/bash
hist_files="$HOME/tmp/tmp/history-files"
lastupd=`ls $hist_files | sort -n | tail -1`
xmessage "The system was last updated on $lastupd"