Re: Simple awk question

kj wrote:
But I cannot find it in my awk book (O'Reilly's sed&awk).

I'm trying to make three columns out of a postfix mail log. Queue ID, From address, and remote server response for certain situations (it's already grepped down to that).

 awk '{print $7" "$6" "$17}'

$17 is the first word of the remote server response, I need to include everything from $17 onwards to the end of the line into the third field.

How do I specify that?

Thanks
--kj

Hi, IICR you can't go beyond $9 - maybe ${10}will work, not sure here. So split the line into an array (using split) and print the respective fields.
Split etc. is in the O'Reilly book.

HTH

Axel