Re: Civil engineering software

On Sunday 01 June 2008 09:52, Shams Fantar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for civil engineering sofwares. Do you know a software for
> the calculs of forces, the stability of forces, etc. ?

  Not sure if this meets the bill, but I can't resist the
opportunity to plug open-source scientific software --
there is a free finite-element package available from
the US government's standards lab, NIST.

  It's called Object-Oriented Finite-elements, or OOF.

  It's primarily intended to model the behavior of
systems with fairly complex geometries, for a materials-science
audience, but it's a pretty general FE system.

  So far only 2D, and only rudimentary nonlinear analysis,
but perhaps worth a look for you.

<http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/oof>

  Disclaimer: I am one of the principal developers of this
software, and that web server has been the topic of posts
on this very list.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net