Re: BUG: Epiphany and Evolution start in offline mode when I am online wireless

As for epiphany, you should turn off (using gconf-editor)
apps/epiphany/general/managed_network. I'm not sure, but I beleive it
was allready mentioned on the list( I saw it somewhere). It was
annoying for me to.

I do not use Evolution much,  but I can see
apps/evolution/shell/start_offline in gconf-editor.

Looks that Network Manager thinks you are offline unless interfaces
are in "roaming mode" and connected. That means that even if
interfaces are properly configured trough /etc/network/interfaces and
connected, NM thinks you are offline. There is bug #415891 reported as
I can see, and things are going to improve in newer versions of NM.