Re: java plugin for Debian testing on an AMD64?

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 10:21 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:13:07AM -0600, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me where to get a java plugin for Debian testing on an
> > AMD64?
> just for the record, I just installed and tested gcjwebplugin and it
> seems to work. But my testing was rudimentary at best.

I just installed java-gcj-compat-plugin from Debian, which claims to
provide gcjwebplugin. It provides libgcjwebplugin.so which I then linked
into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libgcjwebplugin.so.

It seems to try to work, mozilla asks if you can trust the applet but
when I answer to the affirmative it does not work. For example I have an

which behaves this way. It shows a gray square (once it actualy showed
the clock face but was non-functional. Another example that does not
work is:

which is a jigsaw puzzle that require the java plugin. The puzzle never
finishes loading. Do either work for you Andrew?

Thanks, Bob

Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,
7128 Ada Blvd., Edmonton, Alberta, T5B 4E4, Canada.
Phone: (780) 479-9291, Fax: (780) 474-1933.