Re: java plugin for Debian testing on an AMD64?

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 10:21 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:13:07AM -0600, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me where to get a java plugin for Debian testing on an
> > AMD64?
>
> just for the record, I just installed and tested gcjwebplugin and it
> seems to work. But my testing was rudimentary at best.

I just installed java-gcj-compat-plugin from Debian, which claims to
provide gcjwebplugin. It provides libgcjwebplugin.so which I then linked
into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libgcjwebplugin.so.

It seems to try to work, mozilla asks if you can trust the applet but
when I answer to the affirmative it does not work. For example I have an
applet:

http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/~bob/Timer.html

which behaves this way. It shows a gray square (once it actualy showed
the clock face but was non-functional. Another example that does not
work is:

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/daily-jigsaw

which is a jigsaw puzzle that require the java plugin. The puzzle never
finishes loading. Do either work for you Andrew?

Thanks, Bob

--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,