Re: Fetchmail

Hi!

I have modified also the files /etc/default/fetchmail and /etc/fetchmailrc but I don't know which parameter affects to which function. Anyway the file .fetchmailrc and user daemon are the solutions that I was looking for. I had put that "set daemon nnn" in .fetchmailrc, but it didn't work. :-(

What should I put in files /etc/default/fetchmail and /etc/fetchmailrc then?

Tero Mäntyvaara

Patricia Fraser wrote:
Hi Tero,

How do I set fetchmail to automatically fetch mails of all user?
Every user have to give command fetchmail -a at the moment to get
their mails.

Unless you want to use a system-wide fetchmail, you can put a line in
each user's .fetchmailrc:

set daemon nnn

where "nnn" is the number of seconds between polls - I have mine set at
900. They can then use "fetchmail -q" to shut the daemon down.

Cheers,