Re: How to set X not to hang after logoff (with fglrx)

On May 26, 1:50 pm, Hamer13 <hamer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> try to disable "atieventsd" daemon (/etc/init.d/atieventsd). simply
> remove symlinks from /etc/rcX.d/ to this script, or in KDE system
> preferences. on my notebook MSI S271 it is working.

That's it. /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh looks for an auth file in the
wrong place (wrong for some systems). If it doesn't find it it hangs
(excellent). There's a fix consisting in editing that script to make
it point at the right file. It doesn't work for me for I don't use a
desktop manager and I don't know how to change the lines that do the
check in case the server was started via startx. Temporal solution is
the same as you did.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33434