Re: both mysql and mysql_safe is running?

paragasu wrote:

> i am using debian etch on my server,
> ps ax reveal that, mysql and mysql_safe process running at the same time,,
> is it normal?
>
> my workstation using debian sid. executing the same command (ps ax)
> show only mysql process are running.
>
> is it ok to disable the mysql_safe process?

mysql_safe is a wrapper script which starts mysqld, and makes sure it
gets restarted if it should die unexpectedly.

You could check process inheritance by appending the "f" flag to ps:

# ps aufx

Regards,
Kim
--
|_|O|_|  Kim Christensen
|_|_|O|  Public key: http://rac.nu/kchr.asc
() ascii ribbon campain - against html e-mail