Won't boot after dist-upgrade: mount: No such device

Hi,

I have just installed Debian on my new MacBook. After getting a basic
working testing system, I tried to dist-upgrade to unstable and now it
won't boot. It runs LILO, boots a 2.6.25-2-686 kernel and then can't
mount the root system.

I get:

mount: No such device
mount: No such file or directory

Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init
No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

and then
(initramfs)

When I boot from the install CD in rescue mode, I can mount /dev/sda3
(my root partition) but since I am not sure what is wrong, I don't
know how to rescue it. I tried searching the archives but can't find
anything similar described. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks,

Bec

(Please CC me, I am not subscribed.)